Practical exam appointments at Public Venues
During the booking period you can choose exam dates and venues from a list of available options before booking and paying for your exams. Once the booking period has closed and we have finalised the timetables, we will email applicants, and candidates (parents/carers) who have an account, to let them know they can log in to view their confirmed exam appointments including the time. This usually happens around two weeks after the booking period has closed. Once appointments are confirmed, you can log in to your account at any time to view your exam bookings and check date, time and venue information.
For information about making a late booking once the booking period has closed click here.
Exam submission dates for remotely-assessed performance Grades and ARSM exams
When you book a exam you can select an exam submission date from a list of available options. This is the latest date for submitting your exam recording to us using our online service. Once you’ve booked an exam, you can submit the exam recording at any time, as long as you do this by the exam submission date/time.
Changing practical exam appointments at Public Venues or submission dates for remotely-assessed Performance Grade or ARSM exams.
Once appointment times have been confirmed applicants (around two weeks after the booking period has closed), and candidates (parents/carers) with an account, can log in to their account to change an appointment or submission date. Alternative slots are offered subject to availability. We are unable to reschedule appointments by phone or email.
- You can change an appointment up to 48 hours before the exam date.
- You will only be able to view alternative slots that are more than 48 hours ahead.
- For practical exams at Public Venues you only see slots that are equal to or longer than the length of your exam. For example, if your exam appointment is 15 minutes long, you will only be able to see alternative appointments of 15 minutes or more.
- Once you’ve found a suitable alternative appointment, you can move the candidate into the new slot.
- You can only reschedule one exam at a time and we are unable to transfer access arrangements to a rescheduled appointment.
- If a candidate has access arrangements booked, please consider this carefully before changing their appointment.
Practical exams at Private Visits
Once the booking period has closed we will email the Visit Organiser, any Permitted Applicants, and candidates (parents/carers) who have an account, to let them know they can log in to view their appointments.
For information about making late bookings once a Private Visit has been confirmed click here.
Music Theory exams
Music Theory exams take place on set dates and at set times. Around two weeks after the booking period has closed we will email applicants, and candidates (parents/carers) with an account, to let them know that they can log in to view their confirmed exam details.