These Terms & Conditions govern the Music Theory competition (“the Competition”). The Competition is promoted by The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music, 4 London Wall Place, London, EC2Y 5AU, United Kingdom (“ABRSM”).
Conditions of entry
- 1. By entering the Competition, you agree to these Terms and Conditions and to comply fully with them.
- 2. The Competition is open to people aged 16 or over, excluding employees of ABRSM, its subsidiaries, families, agents, affiliates, or anyone involved in running the Competition. ABRSM reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- 3. To enter the Competition you must complete the entry form before 23.59 (GMT) on 25 January 2017. Entries which are received after the Closing Date will not be accepted.
- 4. Only one entry per person is permitted. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
- 5. Only complete entries will be accepted. ABRSM accepts no responsibility for any entries that are lost, incomplete, corrupted or fail to reach it by the Closing Date for any reason. Proof of submitting an entry form is not proof of receipt.
- 6. By entering the Competition you confirm to ABRSM that all information submitted by you is correct and that you have complied fully with these Terms and Conditions. ABRSM reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. Automated entries and entries via third parties or agents will be invalid. Entries that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions (including those containing any false information) will be invalid.
- 7. The winners will be drawn at random from all complete entries received before the Closing Date.
- 8. The competition winners will win a set of ABRSM Music Theory Past Papers 2016 and Music Theory Past Papers 2016 Model Answers for Grades 1-8.
- 9. Winners will be notified by 30 January 2017 via the email address provided at the time of entry. The name and country of the winners can be obtained by sending a stamped self–addressed envelope to: Marketing Assistant, Marketing Department, ABRSM, 4 London Wall Place, London, EC2Y 5AU, United Kingdom within two months of the Closing Date.
- 10. The prizes will be posted to winners within two weeks of ABRSM being notified of the winner’s address. ABRSM will not be liable for any damage to the prizes caused during postage or delay to delivery of the prizes.
- 11. The prizes are non–transferable and the winners cannot request any alternative (cash or otherwise). The prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or special offer by ABRSM. All third party terms and conditions relating to the prizes apply.
- 12. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, ABRSM reserves the right to (a) substitute the prizes with an alternative; or (b) cancel, modify, extend or suspend the Competition.
- 13. All details and other restrictions applying to the prizes not specified in these Terms & Conditions shall be determined by ABRSM in its sole discretion.
- 14. ABRSM reserves the right to modify these Terms & Conditions at any time on giving notice through its website at www.abrsm.org.
- 15. By entering the Competition, you consent to the use of your personal data by ABRSM for the purposes of administration of the Competition (including publishing your name and county if you are a winner) and any other purposes to which you have consented.
Copyright and other intellectual property rights
- 16. You acknowledge and agree that all copyright and other intellectual property rights in your Competition submission and/or any statements made by you regarding the Competition or ABRSM are hereby assigned to ABRSM with full title guarantee.
Indemnity and limitation of liability
- 17. To the maximum extent permitted by law, ABRSM excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the Competition and use of any prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude ABRSM’s liability for death or personal injury arising from ABRSM’s own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
- 18. You agree to indemnify ABRSM and keep ABRSM indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by ABRSM as a result of your entry in the Competition, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
- 19. The judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- 20. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.