Terms & Conditions of entry
These Terms & Conditions govern the ABRSM sense checking prize draw competition (“the Competition”). The Competition is promoted by The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music, 4 London Wall Place, London, EC2Y 5AU, United Kingdom (“ABRSM”).
Conditions of entry
- 1. By entering the Competition, you agree to these Terms and Conditions and to comply fully with them.
- 2. The Competition is open to respondents to ABRSM’s Teacher Support online survey, excluding employees of ABRSM, its subsidiaries, families, agents, affiliates, or anyone involved in running the Competition. ABRSM reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- 3. To enter the Competition you must submit your name, telephone number and email address via the provided questionnaire to ABRSM between 31 October 2012 and 12 November 2012 (the “Closing Date”). No purchase is necessary. Entries which are received after the Closing Date will not be accepted.
- 4. Only one entry per person is permitted. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
- 5. Only complete entries will be accepted. ABRSM accepts no responsibility for any entries that are lost, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged or fail to reach it by the Closing Date for any reason. Proof of sending or posting is not proof of receipt.
- 6. By entering the Competition you confirm to ABRSM that all information submitted by you is correct and that you have complied fully with these Terms and conditions. ABRSM reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. Automated entries and entries via third parties or agents will be invalid. Entries that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions (including those containing any false information) will be invalid.
- 7. The winners will be drawn at random by an independent judge from all complete entries received by 30 November 2012.
- 8. There will be 1 prize. The winner of the Competition will win a voucher to the value of £100 which can be spent on the Amazon.com website.
- 9. The winner will be notified by 31 December 2012 via the email address provided at the time of entry. The name and regional location of the winners can be obtained by sending a stamped self–addressed envelope to: Business Development team, Marketing Department, ABRSM, 4 London Wall Place, London, EC2Y 5AU, United Kingdom within two months of the Closing Date.
- 10. The prize will be sent to the winner within four weeks of the Closing Date. ABRSM will not be liable for any damage to the prizes caused during postage or delay to delivery of the prize.
- 11. The prize is non–transferable and the winners cannot request any alternative (cash or otherwise). The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or special offer by ABRSM. All third party terms and conditions relating to the prizes apply.
- 12. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, ABRSM reserves the right to (a) substitute the prize with an alternative; or (b) cancel, modify, extend or suspend the Competition.
- 13. All details and other restrictions applying to the prize not specified in these Terms & Conditions shall be determined by ABRSM in its sole discretion.
- 14. ABRSM reserves the right to modify these Terms & Conditions at any time on giving notice through its website (www.abrsm.org).
- 15. By entering the Competition, you consent to the use of your personal data by ABRSM for the purposes of administration of the Competition (including publishing your name and regional location if you are a winner) and any other purposes to which you have consented. This information may be shared with any other third parties reasonably involved in the Competition without liability to ABRSM or such third parties.
Copyright and other intellectual property rights
- 16. You acknowledge and agree that all copyright and other intellectual property rights in your Competition submission and/or any statements made by you regarding the Competition or ABRSM are hereby assigned to ABRSM with full title guarantee.
- 17. You acknowledge and agree that ABRSM shall have an exclusive licence to use, adapt, copy and exploit your Competition submission and/or any statements made by you regarding the Competition or ABRSM, for the full term of any such rights, for all purposes connected with the Competition and any other commercial or non-commercial/lawful purposes of ABRSM and its sub-licensees.
Indemnity and limitation of liability
- 18. To the maximum extent permitted by law, ABRSM excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the Competition and use of any prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude ABRSM’s liability for death or personal injury arising from ABRSM’s own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
- 19. You agree to indemnify ABRSM and keep ABRSM indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by ABRSM as a result of your entry in the Competition, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
- 20. The judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- 21. You agree that if you are a winner, you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity without additional compensation.
- 22. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.