We are delighted to announce the dates, venues and timetable for the 2018 Music Theory examiner seminars.
- For all Music Theory examiners, the seminar will start at 10:00 with tea and coffee available from 9:30, and will finish at 17:00.
- A fee of £165 will be payable and this should be claimed using the online eExpense system after the event has taken place.
- If you would have to leave home before 7am you may book accommodation. Please note, however, that if you travel to the seminar on the day and leave home before 7am, you are not eligible to claim the hotel and subsistence rate.
- We will reimburse you the actual cost of your accommodation up to a maximum of £100, or the £60.60 hospitality rate if you choose to stay with friends or family. This figure is inclusive of subsistence and we ask examiners to make their own accommodation arrangements.
- We will cover one night of accommodation per examiner unless there are exceptional circumstances, which should be discussed with the seminar team at your earliest convenience.
- As the venue is close to a number of stations, no taxi fares will be reimbursed. If you need to take a taxi to complete any part of your journey please check with the seminar team at your earliest convenience. Please note that we may not be able to reimburse taxi fares that have not been pre-authorised.
- If you will be travelling by train please book your tickets as soon as possible to take advantage of advance fares. If you are unwell on the day we will still reimburse the cost of your tickets (providing they are advance tickets). First class tickets cannot be reimbursed.
- If you will need to fly to attend the seminar please note that a maximum of £200 will be contributed to your fare if you are travelling from outside of Europe, and a maximum of £100 will be contributed to your fare if you are travelling within Europe. If you wish to fly from within the UK, please contact the seminar team for prior approval.
- We realise that for some examiners, driving may be the most convenient option. However, we would respectfully ask all examiners to check the feasibility of public transport, as this is usually the most cost-effective way to travel longer distances, particularly where tickets can be bought well in advance.
- If you need to drive to attend the seminar this should be discussed with the seminar team at your earliest convenience. We will reimburse mileage at the standard ABRSM rate, up to a maximum of the equivalent amount as the Advance standard return rail fare in each individual case.
You will be informed nearer the time if you need to bring any materials with you.