Big Red Button help and support
Thank you for using the Big Red Button help page. You have been directed here because a problem has occurred whilst uploading your video lesson observation as part of an ABRSM professional development course.
Please refer to the relevant error message displayed by Big Red Button for further guidance on uploading your video successfully.
There was a problem processing your video for upload:
Are you running out of disk space?
- Make sure that the disk on which your video is stored has free space that is greater than the size of the file itself.
- This might require you to transfer the video file onto your PC or Mac before using Big Red Button.
Is the file open in another program?
- Make sure that any applications in which you might have previewed your video (e.g. Windows Media Player, iTunes, QuickTime Player, VLC Media Player, Flash Player, etc) are shut down before launching Big Red Button.
Is the video file type supported?
- Big Red Button supports conversion and upload for most files that have been encoded using common video formats (such as .vob, .mpg, .mov, .wmv, .flv, .mp4, .avi, .3pg, etc).
- If you think your video file format might not be compatible with Big Red Button, please complete the contact form at the bottom of this page with as many details as possible, to gain further assistance.
There was a problem uploading your video:
Are you connected to the Internet?
- Your video might take some to upload (between ten minutes and two hours, depending on the type and speed of your internet connection).
- Make sure that you are connected to a stable internet connection before using Big Red Button.
Is your firewall blocking the application?
- Schools, colleges, music services and other workplaces will often have an internet firewall that prevents the upload of large files. If you are trying to use Big Red Button at work, contact your network administrator for further guidance on this issue.
- If you are uploading your file from home, check that your PC or Mac’s internet security software is not preventing Big Red Button from accessing the internet. Refer to your software’s manual or online help for guidance on how to permit Big Red Button access to the internet.
The file you have selected does not appear to be a valid length video file:
Was this the correct file?
- Your video will be located as a single file and is likely to be over 15 MB in size.
- Check for the correct file by opening it first to view in your computer’s media player and, if necessary, make a note of the filename.
Check the length of the video being uploaded
- Your video file should contain around 30 to 45 minutes of footage.
- Check that the video is of sufficient length before uploading.
If you have checked the issues described above, but are continuing to experience problems with uploading your file, please contact ABRSM by filling in as many details as possible on the contact form below. A member of the Professional Development team will be in contact to help you submit your video.